Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks, I have a stupid question here. When I removed the fuel pump and the rod before I did the cam, I did not pay any attention to how it came out. Duh on my part. My question is, when I put the rod back in and the fuel pump, I am assuming that the stem of the fuel pump will go under the rod, am I correct on that? Your responses are always well appreciated, Thanks again....Dave

·
Lost in the 60's
15,259 Posts
Put a little stiff grease on the rod to help hold it up so it won't slide down and put the fuel pump arm under it.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
If it´s a chevy V8 the arm on the pump goes under the rod.
Look to see if there is a bolt on the front of the block corresponding to the pump rod.You can take this bolt out and install a longer one that will hold the pump rod up.
In the attachment it´s the ugly bolt nearest.
I was unlucky mine is not drilled through, the motor was to be served by an electric fuel pump.

Attachments

·
Race it, Don't rice it!
7,734 Posts
It'll help to put the Crank at TDC on the compression stroke of No one. That get's the pump cam lobe away from the pushrod.

·
Sloe Lurner
193 Posts
I Agree

Henry Highrise took the words out of my mouth. A little wheel bearing grease and your good to go. I also put a dab of white lithium grease on the end of the rod for some prelube.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everybody, you ve been a great help. I thought it went together that way but I would rather be safe then sorry. Once again my thanks to all of you who answered...Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts