Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 1990 silverado 1500 I did a tbi to carb swap to and ran it a bit till the intake fuelpump went so I got a mechanical pump with a push rod I oiled the pushrod when putng it in it was a little difficult I had to tap it in and the fuel pump didnt work I pulled it off cranked the engine and it wasnt moving and now I cant even pull it out so im at a stand still the engine is a 350 the rod is part number NAL-3704817 please help

·
Registered
184 Posts
fuel pump pushrod stuck.

Hi sbc the older blocks had a threaded hole in line with the pushrod on the front of the block.. You may be able to with a chisel drag the rod down enough to grab it.. You will prolly need a new rod then too. Jim:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did take that bolt out wont be able to use a chisel I put vise grips on it and it wont move

·
Registered
13,919 Posts
Hello I have a 1990 silverado 1500 I did a tbi to carb swap to and ran it a bit till the intake fuelpump went so I got a mechanical pump with a push rod I oiled the pushrod when putng it in it was a little difficult I had to tap it in and the fuel pump didnt work I pulled it off cranked the engine and it wasnt moving and now I cant even pull it out so im at a stand still the engine is a 350 the rod is part number NAL-3704817 please help
That's rather strange as a 1990 TBI block would not have a finished fuel pump mount. It would be there as a cast provision with no machining for mounting holes or for the push rod passage. The original cam would not have the fuel pump lobe.

Can you give a casting number for the block and do you know if that engine is original to the truck, check the VIN the engine should have the same VIN as the body tag if it is.

You can use the existing in-tank fuel pump with a regulator. An easy way is to install a Tee fitting that has an obstruction (washer) with about 1/8 to 3/16ths inch dia hole on the return line side. With the fuel pump presure side opposite the obstruced side this provides a bleed back to the tank so the pump so it doesn't dead head. Tap from the tee ahead of the obstruction to a non-bypassing regulator and adjust for about 4 to 6 psi to the carb.

Bogie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts