Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Pumps are rated as GPH. Typical at max flow (zero psi). Check the flow graph of the pump you want to use.

Best to use more pressure then regulated in down near the carb. I also prefer to use a return line.

Most aftermarket pumps are loud, expensive, and don't last long (motor brushes wear out). I like to use the MSD 2225 efi pump with an Aeromotive return style fuel pressure regulator (requires a 3/8" return line to the tank). I like these pumps because they are quiet and very durable. Their brushless motors last for years and years. Plus if you ever decide to go efi, then the fuel system is already setup.

·
Of course it's fast
2,670 Posts
I prefer a mechanical pump. Lots of good high flow units out there. You could also go with a piston syle pump if this is for a race application. The only electric pumps I like are the in-tank ones. I had 2 in-line pumps leave me stranded before I went back to a mechanical pump. I've had that same one for 3 years now with no problems ever.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.