Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 1980 cutlass supreme with a 350 engine from an 1970 delta 88. The last couple of weeks ive noticed a puddle under my car when i leave for work. When i got out to check it..i noticed it was gas. I noticed that when i leave the car running gas would drip from the fuel pump. A couple guys from work told me that it might be lose or the bladder had broken..but think its more serious then that..i'd rather be safe then sorry...ya know....I really need to replace it but i dont want to get raped from a shop on labor from a part that costs $20. I understand that it is very easy to replace it with easy access but as you can see in the pic the air conditioner compressor is literally on top of the fuel pump...what would some of you suggest?

·
Evil Wicked Mean And Nasty
13,765 Posts
I believe i would remove the parts that are in the way, Change the pump and put the parts back on. From your pics looks like the only way to do it , Just remember where everything went you already have a picture that will help when you put it back together. This is what i would do maybe someone else has a better way but i doubt it though pretty cut and dry i think, Hope this helps. Have you checked to see if it a rubber fuel line leaking or a fuel line in general ?JMO. Cole

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, it looks real cut & dry....i just want to learn and get my hands dirty so i can start fixing things on my car my self...although i wasn't sure if there was anything special i needed to do before or after replacing the part. Like any "Must do's and donts" when it comes to parts like this...
nah, i havent checked...i literally watched the gas drip from the bottom of the fuel pump.....almost like a bathroom faucet dripping. so i think that gave it a way...

·
Evil Wicked Mean And Nasty
13,765 Posts
Nothing special to do just remembering where everything goes, Just clean the surface good before you install the pump and check and replace any rubber lines while you are there also make sure when you put it on that it goes back in and sets in place correct. Cole

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.