Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day everyone,Brian here,,I have a 2000 Chevy Blazer my fuel pump went out and its in the tank,my question is I have a 1/2 tank of fuel what is the best way to remove fuel safely so I can drop the tank ,its a 18 gal,plastic ,and also the best way to remove tank safely stept by stept,,any help would be grateful,,
the shops wanted between $800 to $900 bills to do and I can not afford,
I did get the new pump and sending unit and in line filter,that was bad enough
thanks for any help,,

·
Crazier By The Minute
113 Posts
fuel removal

We just get a helper and lower the tank with fuel in it. 9 Gallons @ 7.5 lbs equals less than 70 pounds. Tank and pump probably less than 30. What is 100 lbs. for two strong guys? Be sure to disconnect battery before you start. Bud

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tank remove

54 thanks,but I (arnt)haha what I used to be,,I was thinking about getting a trans jack,,yes battery been disc. first,,thanks again :D

·
Crazier By The Minute
113 Posts
spring chicks

Neither one of us are Spring Chicks. We have a lift but no tall transmission stand.Do have a rolling table that raised to about 5' high that we sat it on. Once we got the tank down and removed the pump , dumped the remaining fuel in a clean container , then it was lighter going back up. Be careful removing pump and float. Strainer and float had to be reused on the last one that we did. Good luck. Bud

·
Registered
30 Posts
if you have a boat tank,they have the squeeze ball for primeing the tank. you can use the ball for draining the tank,just hook up longer hose to go into the truck tank and the other end to a can and pump it a few times to get the gas flowing or a small hose and siffen it out,don't swallow the gas.lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Plymouth Man,it Has A Anti Syphon And Cant Get A Hose Down The Fill Tube,,but I Got A Trans Jack And It's Down ,fixed,and Back Together And On The Road,,thank You For The Come Back,best,brian

·
Registered
30 Posts
Glad you got her fixed. I work on a lot of older cars,and that is one thing I over looked,the anti syphoning on the new cars and trucks,thanks for refreshing my memory,learn something new everyday.
Roger

1 - 7 of 7 Posts