Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure where this thread should be located, so I'll take my chances here. I apologize if I have put it in the wrong place. It sort of fits in exterior, but it sort of fits in engine.

I am having lots of trouble locating a fuel tank for my 64 fairlane 4 door, automatic. I've tried all of the parts distributors that I can think of, autokrafters, dennis carpenter, melvins classic ford, and several others, but no one makes a reproduction of this specific model. Does anyone have any suggestions?
The existing tank has a hole in the middle on the bottom, not near a seam. It was JB welded before I bought it, leaked, and I assumed that I could buy a new tank. I have patched the hole temporarily in the hopes that a replacement can be found.
Thank you,
'spider

·
Save a horse, Ride a Cowboy.
5,122 Posts
It can be welded.

I do 62-65 Fairlanes and my friend asked me that same question 3 months ago. There is a 20 gallon strap type tank that fits because the original 16 gallon Fairlane tank is short on the right side because the original muffler went alongside the tank.

Sorry I don't remember which tank fits, :spank: and I need to know. Mine needs welding too. It's had gas tank epoxy on it for 10 years..... just temporary, LOL.

You might try contacting the Fairlane Club of America to see if you can get any answer from their 62-65 Advisor. He is a restoration person and doesn't want much to do with hot rodders. Good Luck in getting an answer. Let me know what you find out, and I'll start researching it again from this end. ;)

:thumbup: X

·
Get in, sit down, hang on
2,785 Posts
Try Partsvoice.com.

Woody's Fairlane Site says the part number should be C20Z-9002-A. Plugging that into Partsvoice results in a possible find at Thunderbird Connections in Phoenix AZ. Phone 800-888-2473

There is also a company called Spectra Premium here in Canada that lists replacement tanks for ALMOST everything ... but not a 64 Fairlane, unfortunately. :(

Good Luck and HTH,
Don

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.