Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a guy that wants to paint his car with Ful Thane Sea Breeze Aqua metallic. I'd like to have color code so I could match it in base. I really don't want to shoot single stage metallic. Anyone know where I can find color code?

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
I have a guy that wants to paint his car with Ful Thane Sea Breeze Aqua metallic. I'd like to have color code so I could match it in base. I really don't want to shoot single stage metallic. Anyone know where I can find color code?
do you have a can of the color in Ful-thane that you want in a base? If not and its a stock color all you gotta do is find the make and year of a car it comes on and look it up in the book at the paint supply store.
Trying to spray that color in a single stage would be a big mistake.Your right to want a base/clear....if your looking to save a few bucks try the Nason ful-base with SPI's Euro clear.This is some of the best spraying clear I've used and the cost is is about 150.00 for 8 sprayable qts (2gal) enough for two cars.by far the best deal on clear I've run across and its hard to get it to run .

·
Colorsanding painter
990 Posts
MitMaks, I just got off the phone with my DuPont jobber, he said that is a Nason FulThane factory pack description. He was out on a call and didn't have the Colornet available to him. he said to call a DuPont jobber and they can come up with a base/clear equivalent in any of DuPont's lines. I know the local Slo Reilly has taken factory pack numbers and crossed them to base/clear in Chromabase for me previously and they don't know the product like a real paint jobber.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.