Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
My pipes are my music
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I stoped by an old friend's house and him and two other's were just finishing up a tranny swap. All they had left to do was bolt up the driveshaft, transfer mount's, and pour the fluid in. Looking around, I noticed the old tranny and the converter sitting on the floor and asked "hey, you put in a high stall converter"? Chris said "Naw, were using the one we took out". My next question was, "what's this one sitting here"?
Can anybody guess what the answer was? :D

Tip: the cooler was full.

·
Premium Member
11,051 Posts
sqzbox said:
Yesterday I stoped by an old friend's house and him and two other's were just finishing up a tranny swap. All they had left to do was bolt up the driveshaft, transfer mount's, and pour the fluid in. Looking around, I noticed the old tranny and the converter sitting on the floor and asked "hey, you put in a high stall converter"? Chris said "Naw, were using the one we took out". My next question was, "what's this one sitting here"?
Can anybody guess what the answer was? :D

Tip: the cooler was full.

Like you said: The cooler ''WAS'' full....LOL :drunk: :drunk: :thumbup:

·
My pipes are my music
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The answer to the Q was, "That's the one off the old tranny DING DONG".
Then it got reeeeeal quiet. Not one of the three made a move for what seemed like 5 minutes. Then all of a sudden I hear klink-klink-klink and I asked "Whatcha doin' down there"? Chris say's I'm taking the driveshaft out
and from now on we're starting the party first, our plan obviosly didn't work!

I then said "my work here is done" and took my "DING DONG" home! :D LMAO

·
WFO
5,030 Posts
Couple guys I worked with were going to swap out a crank and bearings from a freshly rebuilt 351C that had frozen and cracked the block into a fresh block.

I arrived well into the deal, the good crank was already out of the cracked block and was setting in the new block, about all that was left was to put the caps on w/the matching bearings.

I saw that the good bearings were already sitting in the caps, they lubed them and proceeded to torque things down.

Before long, the crank was as solid as if it had been welded in place.

They had the correct bearings, alright- still in the original (cracked block) bearing caps!

Says one to the other, "You mean the caps aren't all the same?"

D'oh!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.