Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a little bit of news but for those that haven't heard of the recent unraveling of lawyer scott rothstein's empire in south florida but it seems as though george levin maybe the guy who caused it to unravel. you can go to sunsentinal.com and read the article about scott rothstein and mr . levin's name is there for a paragraph or so

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
I guess sleazy people like to associate with one another. I wonder why I'm not surprised.

Although Levin claims he knew nothing about Rothstein's ponzi scheme it seems he funneled vast amounts of money into it. My guess is he saw the "empire" falling and decided to pretend to be just another duped investor.

Here's the article.

Sun Sentinel Article

Here's the link to Dinger's article below.

Dinger's article link

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,854 Posts
Here's a good article: http://southflorida.bizjournals.com/southflorida/stories/2009/11/23/story1.html?b=1258952400^2471721

GREED, Greed, Greed!

·
Home School Valedictorian
1,639 Posts
Won't this:
"One Levin company operated as Classic Motor Carriages in Miami-Dade. Hundreds of consumer complaints were filed with the state and the company went out of business in 1995. Four years later, the company pleaded guilty to a federal charge alleging an 11-year scheme to defraud customers and was ordered to pay $2.5 million in restitution."
get the Sun Sentinel sued? :D

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
I think Mr. Lavin is going to need a really good criminal defense attorney before too long. :D :D :D :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
10,928 Posts
Bad Rat said:
Vultures usually flock together,, like birds of a feather flock together :nono:
Why because a donor who gave $30,000 got busted? My God if every donor was checked all politicians would be criminals. What about Bill Clinton and all the Chinese donations....do I see a double standard here :confused: .

Vince

·
Registered
547 Posts
302 Z28 said:
Why because a donor who gave $30,000 got busted? My God if every donor was checked all politicians would be criminals.
Vince
In my Opinion most of them are , republicans and democrats alike,,

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
302 Z28 said:
Why because a donor who gave $30,000 got busted? My God if every donor was checked all politicians would be criminals. What about Bill Clinton and all the Chinese donations....do I see a double standard here :confused: .

Vince
Hey Vince, I'm not gonna bad mouth my own Governor. At least he found out, gave the money to charity. He should have put it into a trust fund for the victims of the ponzi scheme. This schit is circulating, this dude ain't even from Louisiana, and here he donates $30,000 hard cash. Should have raised flags from the beginning, but todays politicians are such whores when it comes to advertising money. Even though we have a reputation for crooked politics, the disease spreads all across the country. And for every sleazy bastard you put away a new one is born everyday. notpoliticalolnolan.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sorry guys i don't know how to set up a link but todays sunsentinal has mr. levin named in a lawsuit check out scott rothstein article once again

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Lavin, Rothstein, and Maydoff..... three peas in a pod.

·
Home School Valedictorian
1,639 Posts
59 wagon man said:
sorry guys i don't know how to set up a link but todays sunsentinal has mr. levin named in a lawsuit check out scott rothstein article once again
Highlight the link by starting your cursor at either end of the link, left click and while holding down the left button on your mouse drag the cursor across the link to highlight it, release the left button then right click on the highlighted link, left click on "copy", in your post here right click again and then left click on "paste"

1 - 20 of 28 Posts