Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i need some info on ad 78 monte carlo rear brake line i am building a lowrider and it has hydraulics and the rear locks up really high and im looking for a flexible rubber or stainless steel brake line 18 to 24inches to hook up to the hard line on the frame to the rubber line on the rear-end so the rear suspension can travel smoothly WITH REAR BRAKES the part im gettin at is i went to the local parts store and they said its ILLEGAL to have brake lines made but i was looking at summitracing and they sell stainless steel flexible lines and the part im getting lost at is the -3 AN female fittings????? this is what im looking at on summitracing BRAKE LINE what im asking is that will the end of this thread into the male hardline on the frame of my car????? and also can i get a adapter since the summit brake line comes with 2 female ends so i can thread it into the female end on the rearend and also how do i know if my car has -3 AN fittings??? PLEASE HELP THANKS

·
Registered
87 Posts
Cant be Illegal. Or if it is who is gonna enforce that anyhow.
Your chassis has been used by so many lowriders that there has to be a
kit or something for what you want to do. I wish I could be of more help but maybe check out a lowrider forum.

·
Hates: Liver. Loves: Diesel
6,304 Posts
technically not legal... but its done all the time. It must be tested by DOT and say "DOT" on it to be legal, but as long as you do it right its perfectly safe. Hydraulic shops just don't want to take on the liability.

·
WFO
5,030 Posts
78monte85riv said:
how do i know if my car has -3 AN fittings?
Unless it has been modified by a previous owner, your Monte will have traditional 45 degree flared fittings, not the 37 degree military-type fittings (AN or "Army/Navy"). It should be inch- not metric- but you need to verify this first hand to be sure.

You need to find a good site that sells hydraulic fittings and adapters, etc. and sit down and figure out what it is that you need.

A working knowledge of tubing, thread, fitting sizes and designations will be needed and might be outside the scope of this thread.

Take a look HERE and see if you see anything that is helpful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.