Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
two cups of tea
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 83 monte carlo,I talked to a guy who has anb 80 monte carlo&he has carpet for it brand new in the box from. Dixie monte carlo?will it fit in mine?its the same colr I was looking to buy&a lot cheaper

·
Premium Member
6,735 Posts
3rd generation for the Monte Carlo was 1978,79, and 80. 4th generation starts with 1981, and includes your car. The cars are not that much different, and both are G-body cars so it may work with some trimming, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. Take a section of your carpet out and compare it to the corresponding section in the carpet set you're looking at.

·
Premium Member
6,735 Posts
If it's only 20 bucks, take a chance. We've all wasted 20 bucks in worse ways than that.

·
More for Less Racer
20,943 Posts
The carpet will fit.

'78-87 Monte Carlo, Cutlass, Regal, Grand Prix, Malibu, El Camino, etc -- All of the metric chassis A and G-body cars have the SAME floor pan, even the wagons. The only difference is the outer sheetmetal/glass. Frames are also the same, with minor differences in the El Camino and Wagon in the rear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.