Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the galloping gas gauge blues and I'm tired of it. I have a custom s.s.16 gallon rectangular gas tank that does not appear to have any type of internal baffle. The gauge is a float on a hinged bent wire arm that jumps every time the car starts to move. Is there anything I can add between the gauge and the tank float that would slow down the gauge response? The hole for the float to go into the tank is about 1 1/2" so I cannot insert anything into the tank without cutting first. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
93 Posts
maybe a small gas shock of some sort, or something like it... rig up a shock absorber with two springs (so the neutral position is always in the same spot) and stick it between... a lot depends on how your linkage it set up. might also be able to add something between the sender and the gauge, either electrically or mechanically. good luck!
-z-

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Steppenwolf for the ideas. I took the question over to the electrical bulletin board and there is a lot more discussion on it over there. The electrical solution seems to be the best option thus far.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts