Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stepside - The "shop" side for building projects and working on the '32 is 24 x 28. The "daily driver" side is the identical size.

Willys - Notice that I did NOT show a picture of the "daily driver" side. That is my secret weapon. It's the Bermuda Triangle of crap in beat up cardboard boxes. I also have spots on that side for some of the big items like my Kwik Lift and larger tools I don't use very often. Also keep in mind this is the condition after about one week in service. Just wait until a year from now. The shop side will be drowning in cardboard boxes and broken parts. Maybe HR.Com should require all new garage owners to post pics 365 days after they start bragging on their new set ups. Just to keep 'em honest (and humble).

Dewey

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,859 Posts
Man, that is sweet! Can I come over Friday night and sit on the couch, watch tv, admire the truck and shop, I'll bring the refreshments of your choice.Very nice. Dan

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dinger said:
Man, that is sweet! Can I come over Friday night and sit on the couch, watch tv, admire the truck and shop, I'll bring the refreshments of your choice.Very nice. Dan
Sure...as long as you pull the pan on my 460 and fix that dang leaky rear seal first. THEN you get to sit on the couch.

·
or Jeff, or Doc, or...
989 Posts
FOUL !!!!!!!!

Dewy,
(No frig) Cold frosties (Required by HR) must be kept at 32.5 degrees. Sweet shop Dewey ! Wanna help me finish mine? (actually, just huck it out a bit !)
I gotta do some update pics of my shop. Show ya what 6 months can do....:drunk:

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Beenaway2long said:
FOUL !!!!!!!!
(No frig) Cold frosties (Required by HR) must be kept at 32.5 degrees.
Well, there actually IS a frig - but I decided to keep it in the house until the spring. We are already having freezing temps at night up here - and snow possible on Saturday. I'd be taking the fridge into the house during the winter anyhow to protect it from freezing - so just figured I'd wait until next spring to haul it out there. But no problem on the cold beers. In Wisconsin we just throw a case or two out in a snowdrift. It's fine as long as we stay away from where people have been writin' their names.

·
Instagram: partsretriever
1,624 Posts
Nice garage. Looks as clean as these "hot rod' shows where all of the rusty bolts on that '72 nova (or whatever is their "victim") come out with the simple twist of a wrist, and they show what they do, not how they do it. It'd be nice if they showed/explained how they do all of that.

·
or Jeff, or Doc, or...
989 Posts
Hey Dewey,
For what its worth, I have always kept a fridge in the garage, regardess of temp. (been as cold as -30) There's always ice in the pails, so I know it gets cold in there. The motor keeps things warm enough , as long as its plugged in. Been doing it for 10+ years on the same old apartment size fridge. Sweet shop though! :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Beenaway,

I've heard both opinions (let 'em freeze, don't let 'em freeze) and just figured I'd play it safe. Maybe after I have the fridge out there over this next summer I'll just leave it. Thanks for passing along your first hand experience.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
zipfactor said:
Nice garage! I see you have two welders there......what model miller is that?
Actually, when that picture was taken, I had three welders. The Miller is a new 175 mig which has now become my daily workhorse. I also have a Lincoln 225 buzz box for monster stuff (1/4" or bigger). The third one is a Century 85 Amp, 110 volt, wire feed which now has a proud new owner, HR.Com's own "Schnitz".

And Gearhead,

We just plum ran out of "trophy" space in the house. I kinda like these in the shop...but I have to hose them down every once in a while because of all the dust and debris they collect. And speaking of dust and debris, I had to relocate my CD player to the other section of the garage (not shown in the pictures) and pipe the music in. The dust kept clogging the lens so bad it would just stop playing and I got sick of taking it apart and cleaning it off every day or two.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.