Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
problem resolved

FYI..It's a Barry Grant fuel pump BG280. Leaking was from the o-ring. Barry Grant will not send you a new o-ring. you have to mail them the whole unit. They want to work on it themselves. (wondering if I really need it since the engine was changed out to run reg. gas. compression dropped to 9:1 from 13:1)
also I was told apply brake fluid to o-ring to stop leak. or try a holly blue pump.

·
Technical Support Barry Grant
1,500 Posts
That pump is designed for Drag race use ONLY and is not intended to be used on a street car. It can be used for limited street use if you use a Power Step Down box to limit the voltage to the pump when driving on the street. Due to the tolerences on that pump it would have to come back to us for service. That being the case they come with a lifetime labor warranty you would only pay for parts.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you for responding. I sent it to you yesterday. What pump would you recommend? it is limited street use. I don't even know what a power step down box is so, I say it doesn't have it. I can easily sell this one on ebay. Your input is greatly appreciated!! engine 455 pontiac (1970 ??)

·
Technical Support Barry Grant
1,500 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.