Hot Rod Forum banner

Gas Monkey Garage is giving away a Hot Rod - need your help

1087819 290
Hi Everyone,

Richard Rawlings of Gas Monkey Garage is giving away a hot rod. We need your help in 2 ways.

1. We need a worthy charity that we can raise money for. We aim to sell T-Shirts in order for people to go into the draw. We want to give the profits to a good charity. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. We are going to be documenting the build out and posting the film on you tube - The first video is posted. What would you like to see in the build out - specifically???

Check out the video here:
Gas Monkey Garage Hot Rod video

I am adding a couple of pictures of the 31 etc.

:evil:
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
:pimp: I've run into these folks at several swap meets in Texas and Hot August Nights, and their work is on par with the big name West and Other Coast shops. But if you don't like their cars, you don't need to run them down because like it or not they're here and there's more of them all the time. I seem to remember people getting upset and disliking independent suspension cars, air bagged rides, low riders, shop built, fiberglass cars, etc. Personally I like buggy springs, solid axles, single stage paint, lots of horsepower and a tool box in the trunk, but I like to see every other style of car and I appreciate the work that goes into them, even if I wouldn't own one. :drool:

·
Registered
611 Posts
Centerline said:
Personally, I believe the car they allegedly built for a member of the Koker family is a first class POS. It has unsafe ground clearance and virtually no room for rear suspension travel. It is unsafe and I sincerely hope, for the public's safety he never drives it on the road. I don't give a damn about him, it's the innocent bystander that gets taken out when that POS comes apart when he hits a pot hole that I'm worried about.
:pimp: If the car is licensed in Texas it has to pass an inspection that is pretty thorough so the car is safe, you might not like the suspension travel or clearance but the government passes it and it has to be able to stop and steer safely too.. and safe for the bystanders too. but you are entitled to your opinion like I am mine, personally I'd rather ride in the sedan that feels the bumps down the road than ride in a rod that rides like a Cadillac and is painted and upholstered like a Caddy. If I ever wanted that I'd buy a Cadillac or Mercedes. It's individuality that makes this sport fun. :sweat:

·
Registered
611 Posts
Centerline said:
That said and after checking out the build pics it probably is a safe car. Their chassis building is quite good. I do agree with Jon though, their post here is shameless self promotion designed only to make them money.
:pimp: Centerline, it sounds like a mellowing towards the rat rods yet maintaining a bias. Are you in politics in Show Low? It's a nice place , just went though their today. :drool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.