Hot Rod Forum banner

Gas Monkey Garage is giving away a Hot Rod - need your help

1087861 290
Hi Everyone,

Richard Rawlings of Gas Monkey Garage is giving away a hot rod. We need your help in 2 ways.

1. We need a worthy charity that we can raise money for. We aim to sell T-Shirts in order for people to go into the draw. We want to give the profits to a good charity. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. We are going to be documenting the build out and posting the film on you tube - The first video is posted. What would you like to see in the build out - specifically???

Check out the video here:
Gas Monkey Garage Hot Rod video

I am adding a couple of pictures of the 31 etc.

:evil:
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
"May the Schwartz be with you"
1,567 Posts
Jon said:
Wow, I can only imagine what would happen if David Coker possessed Spanky's ability to give an honest apology. That was warm, honest, and genuine, Spanky.

Here's what I think would happen:

1. People would respect him as a real person, not a company image.

2. People would register at his forum, talk about wheels, and come to depend on his wheel knowledge.

3. People would buy their wheels from him, over all other wheel companies, because they trusted him.

4. He would be forgiven for any money that he might have put towards this video.

Of course, what do I know. As Coker Tire would say: "You on the other hand, Jon, are worthless and should shut your 2 bit forum down".
It has taken me a couple of days to read through this thread...wow...

First of all, I agree with your hostility over this pathetic attempt to promote profits under the guise of charity. All this does is breed distrust in people who would otherwise donate to those less fortunate then themselves, and we are all well aware that there are many of those people out there.

As far as these particular companies participating in this sham, they are all in a dire situation. On one hand they have all of us waiting for an apology and on the other all of their business partners / customers waiting to see if its true. Let this be a lesson to all...DO NOT STICK YOUR FOOT IN YOUR MOUTH!

Companies like Coker Tire, who called all of us brainless idiots would do well to consider that we are their bread and butter, and have the power to put them out of business. I am personally boycotting everyone business involved until I am personally satisfied that proper amends have been HONESTLY made.

BTW - Great satires everyone, if I wasn't so busy I would crank out a few myself.

·
1,567 Posts
Jon said:
This guy, the Dalai Lama.

Most spiritual/religious stuff is confusing to me, but I do think this Dalai Lama guy seems pretty smart, especially judging from the articles he's written and published on the net. Anyway, looking at that picture, I like to think that, if the Dalai Lama could see what's going on here, he'd be laughing right along with us.

You can read more about it here: the Dalai Lama's Letter.
Jon, there is nothing mysterious about spirituality...it is in each and every one of us. The Dalai Lama is one of my most respected people and for great reason...he says it like it is with no "pulp".

This world would be a better place if all of us would try to live our lives like him (Mr. Coker, Rawlings, etc...ARE YOU LISTENING)?

·
1,567 Posts
Jon,

I saw this whole connection going on from the first posting of the "thong" picture...I am glad that you clarified this for everyone.

I frankly do not care what people do in their own privacy, but to post junk like they did and connect it to charity is appalling. Bringing this junk to this forum is appalling also as we now have a whole group of lost youngsters that are intent on causing us problems and they are now being exposed to this filth.

I do not blame Coker Tires and David Coker for being evasive to the issue, I would not expect them to post a public apology or publicly state what actions are being taken (if any) over this.

I myself have had many problems with Subcontractors that work for me where they do something that does not fit into the scope of our business practices...when this happens I try to take care of it discreetly and, if that fails, terminate the relationship altogether (no media coverage).

The people that are cutting us down for taking action are the ones that are creating the venues for this crap in the first place...if everyone would stand up for what's right then these types of people would gradually disappear from the mainstream.

Great job calling them out Jon! Keep it up, we are behind you.

·
1,567 Posts
Jon said:
--Why won't Coker confirm or deny his participation?

Put the pieces together guys, I know you can do this. What does it all mean?
Like I said before, Coker is not going to come out and make a public decree one way or the other. He tried to subtly disassociate himself with the situation and when that didn't work is most likey conferring with a legal team on how to proceed from here. It is possible that Coker had no idea this was going to happen, and is now on damage control.

What does it all mean? I think that this is simple, unadulterated mass media marketing of products, events and lifestyles using word associations to add credibility while preying upon the natural good tendancies of most people. While distasteful it is definately not illegal (note: no charities mentioned by name). This is exactly why I will not do business with the named companies or their affiliates until they publicly take responsibility for their actions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.