Hot Rod Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
This Thread

Hello to all that are following this post, and I hope that includes Mr. Coker. I have spent the best part of an hour reading through this thing and felt compelled to add my two cents. And this is, as I believe all these post were, only MY OPINION and my opinion only.

Yes the initial posting was wrong and wrong as the say on so many levels.
Yes the image and video does nothing for this great pastime of building, driving, or just enjoying hot rods of any type.
Yes Jon as the chief bottle washer of this very well maintained board you have every right to offer advice on the use of this board (and I have seen you do it on several occasions in a very respectful tone).
Yes several of the parodies were extremely funny :D
But, I do have a few issues with the slamming of a business (in this case Coker Tire) because it got associated with the stupid video. If GMG (and I have never heard of the place until this thread) did build a car for David Coker it seems normal for them to try to get some mileage from it. If anyone did business with a "named person" dropping that name is what is done. Many companies do have the same IP address and they also have employees that have access to that address and to assume that it is always the same person using the address is not right, especially when the tone of the message is not anything like the original and after receiving and explanation of said post to still imply that maybe someone is pulling your leg might not be using prudent judgment. I believe that Mr. Coker is a respected business owner and that SEMA is a respected organization and should not be held totally responsible for the actions of everyone with a video camera or again in my opinion, even an over zealous employee.
Again this is a great place to visit and learn and I hope Jon's efforts do not go unrewarded, but maybe it's time to put this horse down and move on. I don't think the producer guy even cares and most likely is enjoying the free publicity.

Thank you for your time

Randall

· Registered
81 Posts
Honest Charlies

Buying a name is a common pratice. Check out Pete and Jakes, Earls, Accel, and several others bought up by both large and small companies with the name staying the same.
Oh and btw Honest Charlies was a big thing down here in the south. And it was a tradition to call everyone there with the "Honest" perfix.

Randall

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.