Hot Rod Forum banner

Gas Monkey Garage is giving away a Hot Rod - need your help

1087861 290
Hi Everyone,

Richard Rawlings of Gas Monkey Garage is giving away a hot rod. We need your help in 2 ways.

1. We need a worthy charity that we can raise money for. We aim to sell T-Shirts in order for people to go into the draw. We want to give the profits to a good charity. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. We are going to be documenting the build out and posting the film on you tube - The first video is posted. What would you like to see in the build out - specifically???

Check out the video here:
Gas Monkey Garage Hot Rod video

I am adding a couple of pictures of the 31 etc.

:evil:
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Lost in the 60's
16,963 Posts
rj57 said:
A little off the thread topic, but whatever happened to television being entertaining?
It still is if you can catch the old Andy Griffith re-runs. Other than that its the pits. :)

·
Lost in the 60's
16,963 Posts
The whole time that I was reading and viewing this thread there was a song going through my mind.......It was a Jimmy Dean song I think.....Big Bad Jon...Ha Ha Ha Go get them Jon....We got your back. :)

·
Lost in the 60's
16,963 Posts
Jon said:
HH -- thanks, but I'm just a web geek, the lowest level on the International Monkey Spanker Badness scale. Bummer :(.
Yeh...but your cool and your OUR web geek! That makes you high on our scale. :thumbup:

·
Lost in the 60's
16,963 Posts
Hmmmm....the old saying...the pen is mightier than the sword...in this case...its the mouse and the keyboard. :thumbup:

·
Lost in the 60's
16,963 Posts
Red Lightening....It looks like they removed it....I tried twice and keep getting a message that that page is unavailable.

·
Lost in the 60's
16,963 Posts
wing nut said:
dude what the **** is wrong with you what gives you the right to go and ruin someones image

you know how bad this makes you look he came on here for some help for a charity and you just got pissed off adn are tryin to ruin gmg

ad far as the whole bad boy thing its better than bein a ****in ***** internet warrioor like you

so what if hes a sell out atleast he doesnt owna company and have people build **** and he takes the credit for all of it if you noticed on there he showed his employeees not just him

just read over the whole thing again and realize what a bunch of *******s you guys sound like
Thank ya...Thank ya very much! :D

·
Lost in the 60's
16,963 Posts
Dutchman said:
Jon,

The process and time involved in this thread is impressive and interesting. A lot of thought is taking place throughout our community and is spreading around the net.

What actions will take place if and hopefully when they apologize?
Is there a chance they come to senses if a bone is thrown to them?

Dutch
I have been wondering about that myself.............

·
Lost in the 60's
16,963 Posts
Its simple...Advertising is not allowed in these forums...under the guise of trying to find a charity ( how low can you get) they spammed these boards with advertising. They were asked to apoligize and they chose not to...so now they have to pay the price. Also they are portraying a very bad image of Hotrodders and Hotrodding.

·
Lost in the 60's
16,963 Posts
Wow! Stay tuned for another saga of As the Gas Monkey Turns........Next Chapter.......Can Corky Redeem Himself? I think not :D

·
Lost in the 60's
16,963 Posts
Its very interesting that Corkys brother has nothing to say about any of this.........hmmmmm...... :mwink:

·
Lost in the 60's
16,963 Posts
Very interesting information Dutchman....Thanks for sharing. :thumbup: I wonder if all these folks know what is going on? 2007 SEMA Board of Directors
Chairman of the Board
Mitch Williams
Vehicle Performance Systems Inc.

Chairman-Elect
Jim Cozzie
Zoom Performance Products

Board Members
Ralph Accinno
Racers Equipment Warehouse

Matt Agosta
Steele Rubber Products

Joel Ayres
Leer/Truck Accessories Group

Paul "Scooter" Brothers
Competition Cams

Craig Chatt
Lund International

Doug Evans
Primedia

Dennis Gage
"My Classic Car," Bradley David Productions

Anne Graves
SECO Performance Centers

Kathy Bybee Hartzell
duPontRegistry.com

Dick Hill
Centerforce Clutches

Anne K. Johnson
California Truck Works

Patrick Judge
Keystone Automotive

Chuck Lombardo
California Street Rods

Dennis Overholser
Painless Performance

Bill Perry
Bill Perry & Associates

Robert Price
Reliable Automotive

Richard Sherman
Baer Brakes

Steve Swanson
Considine Sales & Marketing

Chris Thomson
Airaid Filter Company

Bill Wagner, Jr.
Husky Liners

Bob West
Westin Automotive Products

Jon Wyly
Arrow Speed Warehouse

·
Lost in the 60's
16,963 Posts
Your right...but the people that you mentioned only care about one thing.....MONEY...... they certainly do not care about others.

·
Lost in the 60's
16,963 Posts
SEMA must be sort of like the UN ......a do nothing organization because it looks like they would respond to this. :mad: There lack of response just takes away thier creditability.

·
Lost in the 60's
16,963 Posts
Jon said:
Also, mosstrooper -- I'm not ignoring those dodgy pics, I'm just working on something else right now. Thanks again for helping out with research. Personally, I think dodgy needs to get his head examined, possibly even x-rayed.
He can't do that because he does not have one. :D

·
Lost in the 60's
16,963 Posts
I remember Honest Charlies.....I bought stuff from him in the early 60's when I was in High School.......It was a good company to do business with. I heard through the grape vine that they were back in business. But now I see they are not back in business...just the right to use that name has been sold to the Cokers....so that means its decieving because it is not really Honest Charlies. I wonder how much more marketing deception is out there? Are we really buying from who we think we are? Where does SEMA fit in to all of this? :mad:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.