Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wheres everybodys gas prices at? here in Ohio i got it for a $1.82 for the middle grade and its $1.72 for the cheap stuff and $1.92 for the high grade :thumbup:

I hope they keep goin down :D

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
I think I might start going to church because I found a station selling 87 for only $1.88 today. I drive about 350 miles a week, I'm hoping we will start stealing oil from Iraq soon.

·
Registered
427 Posts
In my neck of the woods in Canada it's 86.9 l.
There are 4l's in an American gallon.
That's $3.47 Canadian.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
This morning paid $1.88 in Birmingham, AL (shell)
and tonight paid 1.84 just north of Atlanta (Texaco)

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
Get it cheap while you can.Holidays are coming up and that is just another excuse to gouge us.If the wind blows over 30 MPH,the oil companies deem that as a disaster and predict a shortfall of petroleum.Then jack us again.

·
What to write here?
41 Posts
Earlier today it was at 70.9 CDN cents a litre in Surrey - so that's what? 4 litres about to a gallon so approximately $2.34 a gallon USD (or $2.84 CDN). It's been going up and down for the last week - high was 91.9 cents a litre the other day.

Kristen

·
im on a highway to hell
688 Posts
RCastle said:
Get it cheap while you can.Holidays are coming up and that is just another excuse to gouge us.If the wind blows over 30 MPH,the oil companies deem that as a disaster and predict a shortfall of petroleum.Then jack us again.

truer words could not be spoken!!!!

1.97 at one station today but the average is about 2.05 for regular

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,858 Posts
$2.17 anout 6 miles east of me in Farmersville. Average in Visalia is $2.35.
Mightymouse Wheres bakersfield and why is it soo much??
Bakersfield is in central California, why is it so much? Because we live in Kalifornia! We're always about 20-30c more a gallon than the free world. Dan

·
Premium Member
8,453 Posts
Dinger speaks with straight tongue. Bakersfield is in Kern County and is the biggest city in the Southern San Joaquin Valley of California, about 120 miles north of LA. We are an oil town with 4 of the 10 largest oil fields in the United States in Kern County, including the Midway Sunset field which is the largest producing field in the lower 48. Our county produces more oil that the entire state of Oklahoma. You would figure that if gas were cheap anywhere in America, Bakersfield would be the place. Unfortunately, the Peoples' Republik of Kalifornia extracts its 100# of flesh which makes everything ridiculously expensive. Kalifornia is among the leaders if not the top in gas tax, income tax, sales tax, property tax and we nearly went bankrupt last year. We spend over $10,000/year/ student and our high school drop-out rate is above 40%. Unfortunately, you Americans decided not to elect John Kerry who would have bestowed these benefits on the whole country (Gray Davis, the recently recalled disaster governor of Kalif was being promoted as the next John Kennedy of the Democratic party only a couple of years ago - way above John Kerry!).

Glad you asked?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts