Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw regular unleaded for 1.52 a gallon yesterday in Indy. Also saw 1.46 per gallon with car wash. The local paper says gas will be going up as much as 20-25 cents per gallon in the next week or so. The gas companies cannot let the holiday slide by without majorly screwing the public. I have filled up all of my vehicles and gas cans and put fuel stabilizer in where necessary.

·
Race it, Don't rice it!
8,821 Posts
Opec was overproducing gasoline. They say they have to cut production to keep gas prices from falling so fast it creates a buying frensy, driving the prices sky high.

What a load of.........

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,859 Posts
$1.99 is cheap gas in this area, most are still around $2.15. Prices will go back up this spring when tourism starts. Dan

·
Hauling A55 BURNING GASS!!!
235 Posts
2 days ago. 1.64. yesterday , 1.77. today lowest seen was 1.68 rest 1.78. if gas gets above 2.00 a gallon i might quit driving. 5.00 gets me 2 1/2 gal and 1 gets me 5gal. im happey with that. i never have enough money to put $20 in so its always $5 or $10 here and there. but with car getting like 14mpg i dont go far.

·
Registered
48 Posts
wth is opec's problem. if they were actually intelligent they would increase production, hence lowering the price to about $1.30 again.why would they do this you ask? Because the united states uses i believe the figgures are 73% of the opec produced oil. and this is good cutting price on 73% of the oil because?...well because then americans would start driving everywhere all the time again, and everyone would start driving big ol gas hogin suv's. and just by volume, they would be making butt loads more money. but thats just me talking, gee should i be a business major?

perhaps they are thinking that we wont eventually switch to alternitive fuels, and using oil for the next 50 years under the tyriony of the oil sieks. In my oppinion, if they were smart, they would empty out all the oil they can and as fast as they can.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.