Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I recently took down my gas tank to replace it and while i was at it i want to fix the gas gauge. currently it reads at 5/8 full when the float is all the way up. ive tested the sending unit ant it reads exactly at the specs 0=E 95=F OHMs. Ive tested the wire from the tank to the firewall and the ground is good also. when i read the circuit between the ground and the lead to the sending unit i get 68 OHMs. where should i go checking next? Is this a short in the wire? also would the 68 OHMs give me the faulty gas gauge reading?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions! Ive already replaced the ground to tank, and the connector to the tank is in GREAT shape. The wire from firewall to tank connector reads 0 OHM. So now i think i need to investigate the actual gauge, or the connections from the firewall to the insturment panel circuit board. Any suggestions on how to conduct these tests? Especially how to test the fuel gauge?

And a side note, how do i test the temperature gague for propper function also?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So i tested the ground by wiring it direct to a known ground, that made no difference. Is there a way that i can test the gauge by itself? Using a battery connection to each lead on the gauge?

1 - 4 of 3 Posts