Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of a gas tank can I mount in my 29 sedan. Also where is the best place to mount it? Is there one I can use off another car and if so what kind?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
The saddle tanks work quite well. The manufacturer is "Tanks" in Minneapolis MN.
Some people have used a tank made to fit behind the rear seat. You'll need to construct a firewall between it and the interior compartment to insure your safety.
Another option is made by Rock Valley Antique Auto Parts in Stillman Valley, IL. This a tank that mounts under the body in the rear sort of like a Duece.
I love technology.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I am going to have to respectfully disagree with some of the other posts. I have those saddle tanks on my model A and they are a real problem at the gas station because the hose will not reach the far side of the car. You have to fill one tank, then turn the car around to fill up the other side. More trouble than its worth. I would go with a single tank design.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys. I tryed the saddle tanks [won't fit] so I went with the single tank behind the seat. I think it will work out. It is from a 78 Ford pickup. It stood behind the seat in the cab. I had to cut 22" out to fit my 29, it fills from the top. Thank for the replys

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,858 Posts
Late model Ford econolines fit pretty good at the back of the frame.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Glad you found a tank to work for you.
Be sure to build that firewall I mentioned previously and use a modern "box" style filler entry from the outside. Keep it safe...
I love technology.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts