Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of putting a 383 sbc in an RX7 and am wondering about the tank vent. I've removed the charcoal canister underhood and removed the in-tank elec pump and installed a larger line. I'm using a mech pump and wondered if using a vented gascap will work for a vent. I also installed a Holley blue pump for the nos system. Will the vented cap be enough? I don't want to run short of fuel and lean it out. Any ideas?

·
Registered
721 Posts
There should be a vent line on the tank that went to the canister. I'd use it for a vent line. With the access cover removed you'll be able to pick it out also. With as much fuel as you'r combo requires a vented cap may not be able to keep up. Leaning out and frying and engine would be a really bad way to find out.:thumbup:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On my racecar (sig pic) I ran a 1/8 vent line and had to put a valve in cause my gas was evaporating and stinking up the garage. I'd rather not do that on this car. I was thinking that a vented cap with a flapper valve that would open only when running would do the trick. Any suggestions?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts