Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm at the point where i need to decide where to put my gas tank. In the trunk or underneath. Any suggestions? lew

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
If you put your tank in the trunk you will not only have fumes but also have less trunk room. If you put it under the car you get trunk room no fumes no mess and its also much easier to drain.

HK

·
Registered
48 Posts
Lew,
If your going fenderless, you might want to consider the trunk. I built mine to go between the trunk area and the back of the seat, standing up (holds 18 gals.) Fumes aren't a problem if you vent to the outside. I open trunk lid to fill up, but you can have a fuel door on the outside if you want. If you have fenders some people put tanks behind the running board splash aprons.

Later, Mark

·
Registered
699 Posts
What ever you do, don't put the dual tanks under the car. I have those and when you go to the gas station you fill one side up then have to move the car so the hose will reach the other side. More trouble than it is worth.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Never, Never put a gas tank inside the passenger compartment without enclosing it in a firewall first. No matter where the thing vents by your design, it just may vent into your living space too. Just light a smoke ? BOOOOMMMMM!
Rock Valley Antique Auto Parts in Stillman Valley IL makes a stainless tank that mounts at the rea of the car similar to a 32 Ford. Then there are those saddle tanks under the runningboard aprons.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I installed a '32 tank in my Sport Coupe. looks great. I can email a Photo that shows how I made the connection to the frame. Sorry I don't have a pic yet with the body on. dale

1 - 6 of 6 Posts