Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gas Blower injection set up for street

Has anyone here ever set up or run a blower setup with a top-hat Mechanical fuel injection on gas that is street friendly, on a SBC? If so please PM me , Thanks Scott

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Why not just convert to an EFI tophat type injection. Might take some fabrication, but it would be way cool and you would probably get it to run alot better on the street. Couple of sensors from the junkyard, a new WB sensor, Genboard V3.2, some time building a harness, and you are on your way. If you are injecting before the blower, it should tune just like an NA engine.

Chris

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If i had the extra moneys i want the BDS EFI system,$$$ To much time to fab time for me to set one up and get dialed in. The old mechanical systems look a lot cleaner under the hood and used equipment can be found everywhere at real good prices. Thanks for idea, Did you get your bottom end back together? Thanks, Scott

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Okay, just an idea. The EFI stuff is not real clean looking unless you take alot of time an effort to hide it. I just thought it might be an idea if you are wanting to street the car.

I got the crank torqued in last weekend, and am waiting on rings so I can finish the bottom end this week. Hope to have it back together in a few weeks.

Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.