Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here have any experience or wisdom they can share about making a gen 4 swap harness. I have a donor truck, 2009 Silverado 5.3L LMG, DBW. I am currently working on eliminating any unnecessary circuits, however it is very slow going as I fumble my way through it. All the information I have found out there seems to be about gen 3 engines. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

·
Registered
7,518 Posts
IMO, I would not even attempt it/ bother with it... You need HP Tuners to tune out the VATS/ CATS, which is expensive. Holley Terminator X/ X Max will save you some hassle.

The Gen 4 is kind of the road less traveled as, the computer is a lot more complex and intergrated and the engine isn't too much better.. It has better cylinder heads

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya, I have noticed that it is "the road less traveled" or at least as far as the information I can find is concerned. However I do not have the cash to buy a harness right now, and I already have this donor harness. The VATS have already been tuned out of the ECM.

I did some more research tho, and am of the conclusion that the module in question in actually the TCM. I was under the impression that this truck had the 6 speed, which has the module inside the transmission. But then again I have been wrong quite a bit, lol. I am going to remove this from the harness as the swap vehicle is going to be a manual.

I am in no rush to finish this project and would like to work with what I have. But I am struggling with the wiring, as far as what to pull from the donor truck to make it run, such as the throttle pedal and wiring. I believe there should be a TAC (Throttle Actuation Module) on the fIre wall, but I cannot see anything there. I am disassembling the dash right now looking for modules and harness components that I will need.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The information I have found, such as what is on, on all cylinders, with engine code 0 I have an LMG. It says there that these engines have AFM, and my engine has the VLOM plug.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.