Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new project engine developed a water leak between cylinder 6 and 8. no water in crankcase and no oil in radiator. removed head, no brakes in head gasket some on intake. replaced both same result. part combo is 454 gen v (10114182) casting and head(14097088) casting. this being a high out put 502 head. it does have dome pistons. help

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gen v

this engine was in the truck when found. i matched gaskets that were installed, i again took it down and it is possible that it is wrong. i saw that the larger passage hole at cylinder 8 and cylinder 1 were not open. question? are are water passages to be open? i can not see any defects in the head nor cylinders

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
engine trouble

got heads back from shop no appearent defects. inspecting head gasket , the front two openings at clynder 2 are closed and only the small square at cylinder 8 is open. all tear drops are open. could one open the other openings for more flow. this truck is runnig a 180' thermostat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.