Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello guys, I just put in my new 289,I went from a 2v to a 4v holly. The problem I am having is trying to hook up the throttle and kickdown linkage. The throttle seems to hook up OK but when I try to push the throttle all the way open the the bend in the rod that pushes the kickdown lever does not reach the kickdown lever. Has anyone had any experience with this problem? Thanks for any and all help George P.S I have a 65 mustang 289 C-4 and I used a edelbrock RPM Performer intake and a holly 600 CFM :confused:

·
Lost in the 60's
15,292 Posts
I used a Edlebrock throttle and kickdown bracket on my performer manifold. You can get them at Jegs.......I don't think your original bracket will work on that manifold.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kickdown kit

I was going through jegs a couple hours ago and found a " kickdown lever extender " from holly for 6 bucks. I went ahead and ordered it. Could you give me the part number that you bought from Edelbrock? Just in case the one I bought does not work. Thanks for your help. I am real excited about getting her fired up asap

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.