Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question, I see a lot of rods with painted murals and I love that look. Do you just go asking around to paint shops looking for somebody that's an expert and willing to do it?? Where do you look to get a mural painted?

And as far as money goes, how much would a nice mural covering the side of a panel van cost usually?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Airbrush guy

You are going to need to look for an airbrush studio, which a lot of your high line paint shops will know where to find one. Do not trust anyone because they are a good artist. A while back I hired a highschool friend of mine to airbrush work at my shop, because he could draw very well, and wanted to paint bikes. I put an airbrush in his hands, and it was like he froze up. That was a year ago, and after 11 months I had to let him go, and continue doing it myself. You need someone that is an artist, but has the skills to control an airbrush as well. Price wise your looking anywhere from $500 to $5,000. It all depends on what you want. Where in Jersey are you located? I may can find someone for you. I'm a member of a board with a few hundred talented people.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the milkman said:
You are going to need to look for an airbrush studio, which a lot of your high line paint shops will know where to find one. Do not trust anyone because they are a good artist. A while back I hired a highschool friend of mine to airbrush work at my shop, because he could draw very well, and wanted to paint bikes. I put an airbrush in his hands, and it was like he froze up. That was a year ago, and after 11 months I had to let him go, and continue doing it myself. You need someone that is an artist, but has the skills to control an airbrush as well. Price wise your looking anywhere from $500 to $5,000. It all depends on what you want. Where in Jersey are you located? I may can find someone for you. I'm a member of a board with a few hundred talented people.
That would be awesome if you could point me to somebody. I'm from central Jersey, but I'd be willing to drive anywhere in-state to have an airbrush mural done well (and inexpensive..? ;))

1 - 4 of 4 Posts