Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you ready for winter...a good coat of wax on your vehicle and on the chrome too. Stable or some other gas additive for storage. A trickle charger for the battery. Oil and filter change and check the antifreeze to see its up to par. I put carpet pads under the tires so they arn't setting on the garage floor...one year I used old cardboard boxes all folded up under the tires. And a car cover to keep the dust and grime off your prize. Did I miss anything...maybe you guys have suggestions of your own.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Instagram: partsretriever
1,622 Posts
does the carpet/cardboard prevents flat-spotting the tires? I have a feeling thats what its for, but I'm a newbie when it comes to turning wrenches.

And ya can't gorget about fodding oil in the engine; stupid me dumped a quart of 10w30 down the holley of my car and cranked it over a couple of times.:drunk: But at least there won't be rust in there.:)

It's a '74 Javelin. I have no money for it, saving for school. I run it sometimes just to make sure it's still there, and it sounds nice too.;)

·
Registered
190 Posts
I don't have to (get to) do any winterizing with mine since it's under construction. Actually since I have less work to do on the job in the winter, winterizing the car means getting back to work on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts