Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to say thanks to everyone for all the quick answers to all my recent painting questions. I finished the ghost flames today. I put a couple pics, but the camera did not pick them up as well as they show. They are just right. Light on it..they show. No direct light...they're gone.

Thanks Again,
Chris

[ November 24, 2002: Message edited by: TurboS10 ]</p>

·
NYOFP4RJ3CHRIS
1,545 Posts
I'd like to see it, but I can't get the pictures to pop up. :)

·
Just one of the guys
3,074 Posts
Yea!!!! the reason they work for you is you posted them. They don't work for me either. If I right click then get the properties, then paste the properties in the address bar it goes to Yahoo and they want a password. C'mon Turbo...we wanna see.

Kevin

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kevin, What site do you use. I am going to try picturetrail.com, but are there any others that are free that you know work? Let me know if it works now for everyone.

Chris

[ November 23, 2002: Message edited by: TurboS10 ]</p>

·
Kenneth Howard hates you...
572 Posts
Hey there Turbo...pics showed up for me also. The Flames look good.
Are those ghost flames or phantom flames? :D
Just kidding,not trying to start trouble.
Later,
WEIMER

·
Super Moderator
6,623 Posts
Nice work!, pics came up for me?

·
NYOFP4RJ3CHRIS
1,545 Posts
Well they sure didn't come up at first! Show us some in natural light when you can, lookin' good so-far! :)

·
Just one of the guys
3,074 Posts
Hey Turbo,
I logged on with the laptop a little bit ago and I can see them. GREAT JOB!!!! They look good and something to be proud of. After others find out you did it yourself they'll be pounding your door down.

Kevin

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay, I slipped on the terminology. They are Phantom Flames. Red pearl body and blue tips over Bright Saphire Metallic.

Chris

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by BstMech:
<strong>Well they sure didn't come up at first! Show us some in natural light when you can, lookin' good so-far! :) </strong><hr></blockquote>

I will roll her out tommorrow and replace the above pics with natural light pic. That will be the real test. It is always a little scary. It always looks better in the shop. I think it will be good though. I have some sanding and polishing yet to do I know. Couple of nibs and a few places the clear got heavy. I dont paint enough to keep the feel of things, but I cant afford to pay someone else either so I live with my work. I am pretty stoked about my first flame job though.

chris

·
Registered
209 Posts
I can hardly see the flames.They must be close to the same color then.I got color diffusion (I have a hard time telling colors apart if they are really close to the same shade).Looks good from what I can see though.

ps Guess I better not tell my work or els they might not let me paint any cars :D :D

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I updated the above pics to some outside I took today.

Neil, not being able to see them easily is the idea. You are right about the colors. I just accented with red and blue pearl which the purple already contains. In the shade they dont show. They only show when the lights hits just right. They just kindof jump out in the corner of your eye when you walk by and then you back up and you can see them. You have to look at different angles to see the whole pattern. It actually goes to the bottom of the truck, but I could not pic it up with the camera.

Chris

·
NYOFP4RJ3CHRIS
1,545 Posts
They look really good! Those flames are gonna' make people do a double take everytime. ;)

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by BstMech:
<strong>They look really good! Those flames are gonna' make people do a double take everytime. ;) </strong><hr></blockquote>

Thanks, I appreciate it. I hope it causes some double takes. I remember the first ones I saw. I just thought it was the coolest damn thing I had ever seen. Ever since then I have wanted to do some on a project, so I did.
Chris

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
hey they look nice man, i am sure they look even better in person, and thats a nice bad A** chevy truck yeah baby, muscle machine, keep em coming. how do you make ghost flames just put diff coat of color over entire finish?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts