Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the interior forum and couldn't find an answer, hope this isn't a duplicate thread..

I'm attempting to upholster my '46 and have a question about pleats... I've got my panels cut out and foamed and the foam carved for the pleats... do i glue the the pleated material completely to the foam or should i just wrap it around the edges and glue on the back side?

Gooch

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how about sewn pleats and nogahide (spelling?)... I think that the nogahide is a little less forgiving when it comes to glue and foam... I've tried it before, similar to that lin ka bout the tweed and the noghide looked to be streching and shrinking with the foam cause irregular looking ripples... i think this time I'm going to carve the grooves in the foam but only glur the upholstery to the back side of the panel...

·
Premium Member
8,453 Posts
that's true for the usual naugahydes you come across. However premium 'hyde like this are so soft and pliable, they work perfectly for my method. In fact, I am using it on my project and it is more pliable than the tweed! I highly recommend you use the method I show.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts