Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im sry i started a thread on your forum about my truck but i figured y'all could help me. i have a 1995 silverado. it a 1500 with 4x4 and 700r4 trans. i bought the truck with 193000 on it and decided to swap motors. i found a gm 350 crate motor and rebuilt it. i got it all in the truck and now when i start it up it will warm up to 220 to 230 degrees. i have a 160 degree thermostat in it. after it warms up it will cool of to 160 and run there forever or till you shut her down and the thermostat closes. i put a brand new radiator and water pump in when the motor went in. Ive also tried many, many thermostats but still have the same problem. oh and the reason why i run a 160 degree thermostat is so i can actually drive it cuz with a 180 it will just get hot then cool down then get hot again and cool down again and so on. so does the crate motor require a better water pump? cuz i put the oreilys one in for a 1995 silverado. any help would be absolutely amazing cuz im stumped now. thank ya :)

·
My pipes are my music
2,936 Posts
If you have and aftermarket temp gauge and put the sending unit in the head where the factory unit was, that's what will happen. Correct install would be on the front crossover coolant passage just ahead of the thermostat. Aftermarket temp gauge is more responsive to temp. changes than the factory electrical unit. Your getting added heat readings being picked up from the coolant passages in the head. :cool: If you don't have an aftermarket temp. gauge, Ignore everything I just said. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol i do have an aftermarket gauge so i know im getting a good Reading. im really really stumped. its like the thermostat wont open but it does so i feel like i could possibly be te water pump so does a gm crate need a better pump than the original motor out of the truck?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.