Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, being a Brit, I'm strugglin, I have a 35 Ford with a GM steering column n column change (prob late 60's ish). The NSS is held on with cable ties........I can't have that, where can I get those tiny self tappers?
Secondly, the switch is activated by a tag that is moved left to right by the column shifter, when the shifter is in Neutral, where should that tag be...........left, right or in centre?.
Similarly, when the column is in reverse, where should the tag be?

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
If this is a used column , the holes in the column are threaded from the original screws . I think those were 6/32 machine screw's ?? I suppose you could use a sheet metal screw if the threads are buggered or tap to the next larger size & use ( for you ) more readily available metric size ..as for the positions , you have the column & switch , trial assy & use an ohmeter to discern the positions ....

·
Gotta love a turbo!
2,734 Posts
Looks like you hit the "Insert Table" from the format column. I tried it and could not find a way to remove it...

Russ

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Pull the switch but leave the wires connected.
Turn the key to the run position with all the wires connected. Now slide the tab until your reverse lights turn on. On some you can install it in the columns reverse position. If not put the shifter in park then move the tab till the engine cranks. Drop the tab in and tighten down your screws. It should start in park. Check that your reverse lights work and your golden.

I run my reverse lights on a switch to also be work lights. So I just set the thing into the park position. Tape it up so that tab wont move then zip tie it up. But I don't have kids or such that might turn the key.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.