Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read some of the other posts but i was not able to find any info on what i was looking for. I just bought a 350, come to know now a GM Target Master 350. I went to go buy some exuast gaskets for it and i could not find any that would fit? I went to my old 350 and took one of my headers off, and put it up against the TM and it did not fit, it was to short. Why is it like this? its a 350 from GM...arent all 350s the same? block wise?

·
Not Considered a Senior Member
10,722 Posts
None of the gaskets fit? on any port? You may want to include a pic so we can see what you mean. On the end exhaust ports the factory replacement gasket will have double bolt loops because the bolt position was moved further out when the 305 was introduced in the 70`s. The type of exhaust manifold it used made it like this, so the exhaust flange on the head was extended and the hole drilled in beside where the hole would have been drilled.
What gaskets did you try? Being all I use is headers all I use is factory exhaust manifold gaskets being they are made of meshed steel they are very difficult to burn out. If you tried regular header gaskets and the exhaust flange uses the extended bolt hole the gasket will fit but the rear bolt hole won`t line up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.