Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone is really getting what they deserve. I go over to the GMG website every so often, (to steal technical info and get ideas on how to make power rods a hopping metrosexual hangout, and me a big TV star :rolleyes: ), and I see this.

http://gasmonkeygarage.com/newstalgia/index.htm

It is the POS they are building for newstalgia wheels co. What a schmuck and sucker THIS Coker must be.. Not only is he paying for this turd, he is letting everyone else in the world see it..

I will admit that some of the fab work and welding is ok, but the engineering is so far out of whack I can't see this car being even close to cool.

I see design concepts that I recognize from waste water treatment plants and agriculture.

The steering box looks like it was mounted using the box it came in as inspiration. They set the motor up so high you need a ladder to pull the oil drain plug out.

Scroll through the pics, there is so much more assbackwards engineering and design work going on here, that it should be used as an example of what NOT to do when building a chassis.

I thought that this was worthy of a new rat rod/crap rod mockery thread.

You guys be the judge. ( I already know what I think of it)

Later, mikey

·
Lost in the 60's
15,259 Posts
If it looks like crap......Smells like crap......then it must be crap. Hey thats why its a CrapRod. Some of the stuff on the old OurGang or Little Rascals show had better engineering than that. :D I may just be looking at it wrong but.....it looks to me like when they get through channeling that body over that frame...the drive shaft will be running between the bucket seats at about elbow level. I don't know it just does not look right to me. I wonder why the box around the steering sector? Thats strange.

·
Lost in the 60's
15,259 Posts
poncho62 said:
Certainlly isn't my "Cup of Tea"..................................Am I allowed to say that yet?
Hey...I forgot that....Its not my cup of tea either. ;)

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,329 Posts
A lot of those things are simply not going to work! There are some serious binding issues!

But I will have to try to say something nice.......um...someone spent a lot of time grinding those welds. :)

Brian

p.s. If someone who built that thing sees this thread, sorry. :pain:

·
Premium Member
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MARTINSR said:
p.s. If someone who built that thing sees this thread, sorry. :pain:
I actually saw Dodgy himself looking at this thread within a few hours of my posting it.
I know he didn't build it, but you know he'll spread the good word around.

Mikey

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,854 Posts
I see design concepts that I recognize from waste water treatment plants and agriculture.
Nooo, not agriculture! You talking aluminum ditch pipes?
Ummm, not my cup of coffee either. It is 430 in the am, you know.
Some of the stuff on the old OurGang or Little Rascals show had better engineering than that.
I loved their stuff, you saying it wasn't safe? Back to the drawing board.. :D

·
SPI Thug
3,274 Posts
god why do they have to be from texas :(

·
Premium Member
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
shine said:
god why do they have to be from texas :(
I'll bet they are immigrants from california :D

·
Gone fishin'
666 Posts
Since when is air bags part of traditional hotrodding? :confused:

I find it funny, they make such a big deal about it being just like the old hotrods, but then they put airbags on it.

Thank god I live in south texas now. So I won't have to see them at big car shows. Not that the car shows here are anygood anyways.

Brad

·
Lost in the 60's
15,259 Posts
I never saw an old hotrod with a frame like that......or air bags.....or anything else like they do. They have a very small market captured...the guys with more money than they have sense and who know absolutely nothing about building hotrods or for that matter buying hotrods. I bet that is gonna be a rough riding SOB because I just don't see how that rear suspension can work......looks to me like bind city. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts