Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

Just curious what everyone is running in a 275/60-15. I have a set of Nitto drag radials for the summer but I really want to drive this winter here in Oregon. We get a lot of cold and wet weather and they just dont work well enough for my liking.

Tire choices in this size are pretty limited. BFG TA is the classic choice but Cooper makes one and Hankook does also. I can get the Hankook's for around $120ea So lets hear your thoughts. Vehicle is a 58 Chevy Flatbed 400+ HP with nitrous, TH350 3.73 gears.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
My son-in-law has 315/75/16 Hankook A/T's on his chevy pick up and really likes them. I wouldn't hesitate buying a set. I have Goodrich T/A's on my F-250 and they are great tires but VERY expensive.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RWENUTS, I have considered some other sizes but a narrow tire on the rear would look really funny because of the tubs. The truck came with 235's and was way out of proportion. If anything I would consider some 295/50-15's but their even more money.

·
Banned
385 Posts
i was going to suggest bridgestone blizzak, but since they don't come in those sizes then, maxxis buckshot mudder may have some sizes close to 275/60-15.

i don't know what the diameter is for 275, but they have, for example, things in the 31x10.5 size for 15 rim.

·
my KARMA ran over my DOGMA
1,146 Posts
Hey Everyone,

Just curious what everyone is running in a 275/60-15. I have a set of Nitto drag radials for the summer but I really want to drive this winter here in Oregon. We get a lot of cold and wet weather and they just dont work well enough for my liking.

Tire choices in this size are pretty limited. BFG TA is the classic choice but Cooper makes one and Hankook does also. I can get the Hankook's for around $120ea So lets hear your thoughts. Vehicle is a 58 Chevy Flatbed 400+ HP with nitrous, TH350 3.73 gears.
Your gonna need to pick and choose those days accordingly. :rolleyes: If it were up to me with that nice truck right there I would leave the current tires on it and by a tarp.

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
I live north of Syracuse, NY and we can see 200 inches of snow a year. Im a big fan of Cooper tires for daily drivers and I used to work nights when they closed the roads and had to ford snowdrifts as high as my bumper. I'd recommend putting some weight on the back of your flatbed, say 200lbs over the axle. The other thing we commonly do here is try to keep at least half a tank of fuel, again to help with traction.

I have Kumho Ecsta AST's on my trans am and even though they're listed as an all season; they are absolutely useless when theres even a dusting of snow on the road. Wet performance is fair, as long as theres no standing water on the road. These cars are tail-happy anyway but, its spooky how fast it'll try to come around even at low speeds in the wet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.