Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Does anyone know of a decent make of wrap around safety glasses? I've bought several pair in the past and all do OK but I still end up getting crap in my eyes. The latest involved my visiting my local A&E and having a shard of metal cut out of my eye... Not pleasant!!

If anyone knows of or where I can get a decent pair, I would truly be grateful.

·
Registered
17,613 Posts
Hi,
Does anyone know of a decent make of wrap around safety glasses? I've bought several pair in the past and all do OK but I still end up getting crap in my eyes. The latest involved my visiting my local A&E and having a shard of metal cut out of my eye... Not pleasant!!

If anyone knows of or where I can get a decent pair, I would truly be grateful.
For grinding, where the particles are not particularly heavy and are unable to penetrate plastic, I have found that motocross goggles work well.

·
Registered
12,338 Posts
also consider going to a professional chainsaw rep.Their safety equipment is good.I get mine from stihl,I use stihl saws
and they are modified a little,lol

·
Semper Gumby
389 Posts
For me the issue is that I wear glasses. I know better than to try ANY form of welding while wearing contacts, so it's glasses for me in the shop. Of course, then I need safety glasses that go over my prescription glasses. My prescription is a tad "different" in that I have severe myopia (OK - its normally called "shortsightedness") PLUS astigmatism and I need bifocals (just to keep my opthamologist on his toes). All of that is to say that prescription safety glasses are a tad too $pendy to consider when this is "just a hobby".

Still looking for something to keep the "stuff" outta my eyes when I am grinding or working UNDER the car, etc.

Welding is OK - my welding helmet goes over the spectacles with no issue, its the flying debris when doing other things that is my problem.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
For me the issue is that I wear glasses. I know better than to try ANY form of welding while wearing contacts, so it's glasses for me in the shop. Of course, then I need safety glasses that go over my prescription glasses. My prescription is a tad "different" in that I have severe myopia (OK - its normally called "shortsightedness") PLUS astigmatism and I need bifocals (just to keep my opthamologist on his toes). All of that is to say that prescription safety glasses are a tad too $pendy to consider when this is "just a hobby".

Still looking for something to keep the "stuff" outta my eyes when I am grinding or working UNDER the car, etc.

Welding is OK - my welding helmet goes over the spectacles with no issue, its the flying debris when doing other things that is my problem.
PPE - Eye Protection | Safety Glasses | Ultra-spec 2001 OTG Eyewear, UVEX S0113 | B310152 - GlobalIndustrial.com

PPE - Eye Protection | Safety Goggles | Stealth OTG Goggles, UVEX S3970D | B308392 - GlobalIndustrial.com

Here are another 80 or so, hope you can find one that works for you :thumbup:

PPE - Eye Protection | Safety Goggles | Goggles - GlobalIndustrial.com

·
bentwings
2,592 Posts
Actually a full face shield works better if you have to wear glasses. Just remember that hot sparks will pit the daylights out of glass.
I have glass prescription safety glasses but I still use a face shield. I wear my safety glasses all the time so I don't like spark burns in them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts