Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I didn't take many good photos but here are a few. This ElCamino was one of those cars that you take a look, just a glance and you know there is something very different about it. This guy spent a lot of time on some interesting detail/changes. Check it out, very cool.

·
16,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
By the way, that's a rolled pan on the back of the Elcamino, looks like a 68 Camaro rear bumper.

Here was the Rambler parked with all the other hot rods. :D That's my buddy in his stone stock wheel chair.

My brother had a 41 version of this. I really dig these cars, too bad Ford and Chevy didn't make them.

A little mishap in the swap meet area.

Saw this car last show, still haven't gotten tired of it. :D

This Buick was very cool with it's ram air system.

If anyone want's photos of any particular type of car or part let me know and I can look for it tomorrow.

Brian

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Thank you for the pictures, Brian-the modifications on that El Camino were well thought out, it is not often I lifke someone else's "interpretation" (because I think those '64-5 El Camino's/Malibu's are a great design), but those were not only good designs, they were very well executed-very nice Car.

Hope your buddy had a great time (I know I would)-

·
16,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
evolvo said:
The view of the El Camino, looking into the back window, I think the guy even spent time getting the gap right on the glove box! Nice car, and a lot of hard meticulous work!
The dash was actually out of a later model car, seventies or eighties?

Brian

·
16,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
deadbodyman said:
That elcamino is fantastic,I always hated the taillights on them..
I'm having a hard time believing that wheel chair is bone stock,you havent hotrodded anything??? I think you should bag it at least...
LOL, you know what's funny, I met Steve through another guy in a chair, Pat. I have known these guys for thirty+ years. Way back 25 years or so ago I custom painted Pats new "Quickie" (brand name) chair a purple, red, yellow candy fog job! Back a few years ago we had to pull it out of storage because his arms are getting very weak and he was having a hard time getting his later model heavier (it had suspension) one up in the back of his S-10 Blazer) I did a whole new number on it by striping it to bare aluminum. It looks like a friggin WWII fighter plane which is cool because Pat is really into them. :D

Brian

·
16,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is my buddy Pat at a B-17 back in 96 or so. We would later fly in this plane a few years ago! It was the very first (and still ONLY) time he has ever been up in a plane. :drool:

Brian

·
16,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
John long said:
Are you Guys going back today. How is he holding up? Is it wearing him out?

John L
I am going to pick him up right now. It's like I have said, you spend some time with a man like this and you look a lot differently at your "troubles". This guy FIGHTS at every friggin thing he does. I watch him eat his lunch and it amazes me how hard he has to work at EVERYTHING. He is amazing, we are doing it today, driving into the fairgrounds in a normal car instead of a van with a lift.

Brian

·
put up or shut up
3,144 Posts
that elco was pretty cool looking. The back looked awesome but wasn't really feeling the look of the front headlights, but great ideas nonetheless.

I'm sure some cars I did will be out there. Check out the gearhead cars! I saw em load up some trailer whores for it.

that semi gloss Rolls Royce is very tasteful in it's styling. They did just enough to it but not too much. Awesome car and will keep my eye out for it.

·
Car? Truck? Who Cares
2,485 Posts
You know I have a soft spot for Elkys and Rancheros, right.

Nice pic---that car was nicely done.

I've seen that front end treatment somewhere else long ago.

Maybe an old MANNIX movie---not all that certain, or another with
weird movie with Robert Blake.--anyway looks late 60s early 70s style.

Nice taillight treatment
Front bumper looks very similar to a 71 Camaro
Drip rails are gone
Has to be a custom windshield, since it is set in rubber.
All the bed and cab trim is missing, but nicely finished.
I really like that cover----wonder where I could get one :D

And NO-----no secret love affair with the Altima :D :D

·
Registered
370 Posts
Brian, I was gonna post if anyone was going to the show. I wish I would of known you were going, would like to meet you and check out your ride. Maybe in August? The show was great this year. The cars were awesome as usual and they had a good spectator crowd. My car ran great and got 15 MPG. Yes I'm braggin'. I think that's pretty good for a fresh blown 406 with only 300 miles on the clock. There is more to be gained with more tuning.

Keith

·
16,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah we need to get together at the next one.

This was today, I watched this truck run around the Autocross course and told my friend "That one run was worth the ticket price to get in here, I could leave right now and be happy". I am not kidding that dude is one hell of a driver and that truck is amazing, totally built by him, what a friggin work of art piece craftsmanship.

I was thinking about the discussion about large wheels on another thread when I saw this car, friggin PERFECT in every way with those large wheels if you ask me.

Can we say, "HOT ROD"? Amen!

·
16,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This Chevelle wagon was very nice, I dug it.

Some of the bikes were very cool, I particularly like this one with the home made springer front end made from a pair of Schwinn forks.

A view of the Rambler while I ate lunch at the curb.

A cool Gasser.

The Rambler parked among the other road burning hot rods.

The Autocross course was most definitely a source of enjoyment for me and Steve.

·
16,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I never dreamed back in the seventies that one day I would be taking a photo of a Pinto at a car show, and especially the fact that I dug seeing it.

Again, the big wheels were perfect in my opinion.

This truck needed some air bags. :D

I remember having a very nice SS Nova similar to this that I chopped the top on when I was 17 and never finished it. :(

348 Tri power, damn this car was sexy!

The only 65 Gran Sport there, it had a 455 in it.

Anyone looking for a hot rod? HOT ROD, WHERE ARE YOU? Oh, there you are. :D

·
16,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
And again, the large wheels, PEFECT if you ask my opinion.

This was a real treat, an Apollo! A hand built American made sports car powered by a 215 Aluminum Buick, never seen one in the flesh, the guys dad bought it new!

How about these Billet wheels made to look like the stock Vette wheel covers?

Lousy photo, sorry. But HOT ROD!

Steve wanted me to take this photo of him with the Goodguys truck.

The beautiful morning sun as we were munching on a little breakfast.

Is someone looking for a hot rod? Hmmmmm?

It ain't no hot rod but damn it's fun!

It was a great time at the show today!

Brian

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.