Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
RedLine Stage 4 ZL1 650rwhp
1971 BB Chevelle
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was time for a change and I decided it was time for another Big Block Chevelle.
Picked up this 71 that needed A LOT of TLC, I've had it for a while now but it was NOT road worthy when I got it and after 5 weeks of non stop work I just took it out of the driveway for its first official drive this weekend. So Far So Good...

I literally rewired the entire engine bay form Voltage Regulator to Alt to Starter to Battery to MSD Ignition to new headlight harness to all new fusible links. I was able to hide pretty much everything in the inner wells....
I took the tilt steering column apart and fixed that, New Steering Wheel, I took the dash pad off and put new Headlight Switch, got the wipers going, speedometer, dome & glove compartment Lights, Cig Lighter, etc....
Changed the dash color from tan to Black, Changed the Steering Column from Tan to Black
Fixed the headliner and put new head liner trim, Re -Sealed the trunk, adjusted hood, fenders, and trunk
Put Oil Pressure, Water Temp, & Volt Gauges in, Dropped the trans pan and changed the filter
Ripped the electric fans out and put a Flex-A-Lite Mech Fan, Spacer and New Shroud, New Radiator Cover
Put new Front Tires on, did a little suspension work, Trunk Rub, Floor Mats, Mini Console, and and and ......

Not looking too shabby now and I feel I have a great foundation and solid Chevelle to start with.
468 Roller Motor with Gear Drive, Turbo 400, Convertor, 9" Rear, Edelbrock Aluminum Performer 2-O Intake Manifold,
Holley 750 DF DP Carb, MSD Digital 6AL Ign, MSD Blaster SS Coil, MSD Billet Distributor, Headers, Flowmasters, Drop Spindles, Eibach Front & Rear Lowering Springs, New Shocks, Adjustable Rear Upper Link Bars, and and and .....

It's made a HUGE transformation since I got it and it's getting there.....

Attachments

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
5,984 Posts
Nice car Rob. I had a 71 and 72 but they were rust bucket, 307 jobbies. I had a blast driving those so I can only imagine your grins stomping on what you got there.
Congrats.

·
RedLine Stage 4 ZL1 650rwhp
1971 BB Chevelle
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know right. I just sold my 2012 ZL1 Camaro, 750 HP, 649 RWHP with 6 Speed manual. I have knee issues and I was ok with the hydraulic cutch but was afraid the ole M21/M22 and Std Clutch was not going to work for me (I already regret it, I could have delt with the pain, LOL....)

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
I can work with you personally if you decide to do that; you're a NYer, its the least I can do.
I would try to get a Novak Adapters hyd clutch system to fit; or a Ram hyd kit if it doesn't. I would talk to Mike @ Ram and see about getting a flywheel, and a tuned pressure plate to take some stress off your leg as well. I would talk to some punk kid in Syracuse, NY about an M23z (2.99 1st gear).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.