Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering what the best setup is for keeping my turbo 350 cool in my 36 Chevy sedan? I am thinking of one of those round 24" billet coolers mounted underneath the floor outside the frame. Anybody out there have any pros or cons to doing this? Is there a better way?
Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
17,613 Posts
chipflyer said:
I am wondering what the best setup is for keeping my turbo 350 cool in my 36 Chevy sedan? I am thinking of one of those round 24" billet coolers mounted underneath the floor outside the frame. Anybody out there have any pros or cons to doing this? Is there a better way?
Thanks,

Jeff
The key is air flow. If you can get enough air across it, it'll work fine, although I would use the longest unit I could fit in the space available. Just be aware that there is ZERO air flow across it when you're sitting still idling and very little across it at low vehicle speeds.

I may be anal about stuff like this, but I'd want to install 2 quality temp gauges with senders at the IN and OUT ports on the transmission case so I would know what was going on at all times. But then, I'm anal that way. :D

I'm sure you're aware that fluid too cool is as bad as fluid too hot. If I had a radiator with the cooling tubes in the bottom of it, I might run out of the trans, into the bullet, out of the bullet to the radiator, out of the radiator and back to the trans. But I have to assume you're asking this question because you have a radiator with no trans fluid cooling tubes in the bottom of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.