Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me and my friend got my truck running finlley after 4hours and a new coil still would not work. we decied to chevk the plugs and guess wht they would not produce any spark so got 4 new ones and put them in and runs fine. my next question is would not having the tranney kickdown linkage hooked up waste gas or not.

·
You got a leaky spark tube...
2,854 Posts
DeathRattle said:
If you throw the hammer down WOT the trans wont downshift like it should without the cable hooked up or adjusted properly.
It isn't going to downshift at all when going to WOT. I think it may also have an effect on when the tranny upshifts too.

·
Build it right the first time
227 Posts
i unhooked my kickdown linkage on my TH350 when i got my carter carb it didnt bother the upshifting at all, but i just have to manually downshift when i hammer it down, which doesnt bother me a bit

·
You got a leaky spark tube...
2,854 Posts
kuhn-77 said:
i unhooked my kickdown linkage on my TH350 when i got my carter carb it didnt bother the upshifting at all, but i just have to manually downshift when i hammer it down, which doesnt bother me a bit
There won't be any problem with it shifting up normally, mine is disconnected too and it upshifts at about 4300 instead of 6000. In 1-2 it shifts up automatically at 6300 but 2-3 shifts up at only 4300.

·
Hates: Liver. Loves: Diesel
6,313 Posts
Wait... what tranny. If you don't hook up the TV cable on a 700 or 200 family trans, you'll fry it really fast. Its there to signal the trans of a need for more line pressure. Its not just a little deal, either. Immediately off idle, that trans needs to double or triple its line pressure instantly. Even driving one with the cable adjusted improperly can fry a tranny over time.

Absolutely, don't drive it without that cable attached and properly adjusted. Maybe one or two trips in and out of the garage, but not on the road.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.