Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is really good, read the whole thing.

On Tuesday I arrived at Safelite Auto Glass on Kirkwood Highway for a 1:00 appointment to have a new windshield put in the Caprice. They took my car at 1:20, then informed me that they thought they had a windshield for my car, but they only have one with a built in antenna. The owner wanted to know if it was ok to put that one in. I said no I want the right one for the car. Ok. She makes some phone calls, tells me they can have one here by 3-3:30 today. She said they could only get me a PPG windshield, which is more expensive than what they usually sell, but I wouldn't be charged extra for it. I said "Ok" (whatever, glass is glass to me.)

I asked "you didn't start taking the old glass out did you?" "No, we didn't." I said good, give me my keys, I'll be back at 3:00. I went to Pep Boys, got lunch, ect. I came back at 3:15. Lady says "It's not here yet, but it's on its way." Good. 3:45 Not here yet. 4:15 Still not here yet. By now I've read all their crappy magazines in the waiting area and I'm getting a little annoyed. To speed things up around 4:15 they took my car inside and started taking the old windshield out, before the new one even arrived.

4:30 glass is here. Good.

4:50 my car is done, I pay my $160. Get out to my car, open the door, and the first thing I notice, a little black spot on my seat. $#@% #[email protected]$#@. They got windshield sealant on my damn near perfect front seat. I left, I knew I could do a better job getting it out than they could. I did get the spot out with Goo Gone.

It gets better, keep reading.

Today: I dropped my Caprice off at that garage for re-inspection. I got a call later telling me it passed. Go Figure! My mom drove me up to get my car, she dropped me off and went to run errands. On my way home I got stuck behind a Blazer driving under the speed limit on a nice long flat road. Oh yes, he's definitely getting passed. But first I have to drop back so I have room to get some speed up, you know, enhance that getting blown by effect. So here I come 40-45-50-55-60-65 I pull into the left lane before I go by this guy and I heard a loud click as I watch the passenger side window trim fly off, taking the long piece of trim that runs across the top of the windshield with it.

Mother #%[email protected]#!

I jumped on my breaks, there was no point in passing the guy now. I had to turn around at the next cross road. I looked like a total jackas*. By the time I got back to my poor trim pieces Someone had already run the long one over, it's bent all to hell and the short one is a little bent.

I called Safelite headquarters when I got home, since the specific store I went to was closed already. I talked to Akkau :rolleyes: While I couldn't tell what the hell she was saying most of the time I did hear her say that that the store I went to is responsible for replacing my trim pieces. Sweet. Two brand new shinny trim pieces will look great with the one dull one still attached to the car. LOL

What a day.

·
I need a bucket of arc sparks
895 Posts
It could have been worse, your new windshield could have been cracked by a flying piece of gravel as you were passing that Blazer. Now that would suck.........

·
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MI2600 said:
Don't you just love that old-world craftsmanship.
hmm, not as much as I'll love getting new window trim.

onebadmerc said:
It could have been worse, your new windshield could have been cracked by a flying piece of gravel as you were passing that Blazer. Now that would suck.........

or my nice paint job could have gotten a big scratch it.

·
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RodFather said:
I was reading the story, and waiting for a trash can lid to fly through the new windshield and smack you in the face.

hahaha. I don't think I can stand to explain that whole lid deal to another person. I went to a party tonight, saw a lot of people from high school, I kept getting asked "oh my God what happened to your nose." A few people asked me twice because they didn't remember me telling them the first time. Yea good party.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.