Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check this out. I got this carb in trade from a guy who said he had it on a 305 and it was too big. I'm trading him my old 600 (I don't need either, I just think this one would fetch more at auction).

I get it and its got a fair amount of road grime on it. 300 miles? What 300 miles, through the freaking rubicon trail or something? I dont know maybe a carb can build up some serious nastiness in 300 miles. Here are a few of the clearest pics, let me know what yall think. OH btw, the newer edelbrock carbs, from my experience use the torx scews to hold down the top. This one still has the old school flat head style... maybe I should call edelbrock? I really don't feel like ripping my carb off the bird just to test this thing...

:confused:

K

·
Kenneth Howard hates you...
572 Posts
What do you want for it? If you are planning on selling it, let me know.
Later,
WEIMER

·
Administrator
18,438 Posts
Maybe, it was owned by a little old lady in Pasadena, that only drove it to church on Sunday........

I've put a lot worse looking on my car. Maybe, it was laying on a shelf for a few years after that 300 miles.

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ended up figuring out what happened. I searched the guy's history and found that he just bought the carb in august, so its very likely he only drove it the 300 or so miles. The guy he bought it from was the original owner. He owned and ran a performance shop, and the carb was used to dynotest motors. So he probably had the thing laying around the shop for five or more years, just using it for dyno runs. So even though the thing is old, and it did get dirty from this guy's car, its a carb that's basically in new condition aside from some asthetic wear over the years. The internals and linkages seem to be in almost perfect shape.

Weimer I put it back on ebay.

K

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I seriously doubt it was used for 1/4 mile runs, not that it would make any difference. 1/4 miles aren't hard on carbs.

K

1 - 8 of 8 Posts