Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '93 Gran Marquis has two problems: The headlights go out when I turn on the right turn signal. I have tried replacing the turn siganl module and still had the problem. Currently I've replaced the head light switch but have not done enough night driving to determine if the intermitant problem is fixed. I've heard there may be a short in my turn signal module socket. Also there is static on my radio when I hit the turn signal, and once on a bumpy road my horn started to toot. Dang! The second problem is a rumble in my transmission, on occasion. I've been told it's the torque converter. Are either of these problems know to be common and are there any suggestions?
Thanks,
KevinD

·
Registered
48 Posts
doesnt sound to be common, but...its more than likely one overlying electrical system problem. all i know is that the 93 mmq's electrics werent built to last 12 years in some parts. first off i would check out my alternator, then check my starter, make sure its working properly and not acting like a break taking power away from the car overall and the alternator too.if you have a Check engine light, get that diognosed. but im sure that the radio the turnsignal and the tranny are probabily all related.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Bubba

Thanks, I'll look into the alternator thing. I hear it clicking on, loudly, like the belt? cutch? is engaging. I don't know a lot about that function, but it sounds a little loud. Could be low voltage causing the electrical inconsistancies.
I'm pretty sure the torque converter is my trany problem, and has been reported to me as common.
Thanks again for you post.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.