Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I look forward to trading ideas on the Hot Rodders forum, especially about Cadillac motors. I have a number of earlier motors including last gen flatheads, first gen OHVs (331, 365, 390) and 472s. Right now a friend is doing most of the work to put my code-99 1965 Chrysler Newport Convertible back on the road. He's doing a great job and I'm learning a great deal of patience.

Hopefully I'll soon start work to put my '25 Maxwell Touring on the road as an underslung roadster. Some of the details:

- Maxwell chassis, flipped over with modified suspension
- Maxwell cowl and window irons
- 1923 Buick roadster rear deck
- bike fenders
- Cadillac 390 with hydramatic o/d tranny
- '68 Buick Riviera true posi rear
- '68 Buick Riviera drums all around

I don't think there will be another car on the road quite like this one.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Welcome to the site Buckelew. :welcome: Check out this link for Caddy info:

http://crankshaftcoalition.com/wiki/Cadillac_engine_Knowledge

Sounds like your 65 is coming right along. How about some pics of it under construction.

Now that Maxwell sounds like a very interesting project. I love the way those underslug chassis look. Have you seen the pic below? Start a project journal so we can follow along with the build.

Lots of info and opinions here. To get the most out of the site check out the Knowledge Base and use the search function for quick answers to your questions. As well check out the Project Journals for info and inspiration. Glad to have you here and enjoy the site.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Yeah I saw Rick Riddell's little Dodge Tub in Hot Rod Magazine a few months back. Hopefully mine will pass a regular safety inspection seen at many sanctioned rod shows.

For many years I've followed the Cadillac crowd and was a near purist. Re-doing those cars correctly hs become quite expensive so I've had to remand my tastes and pursuits. I still have a few 390s, 429s and 472s sitting around. And look forward to putting them to good use.

Thanks for the link

Buck

·
Lost in the 60's
15,247 Posts
Welcome to the Worlds Largest Hot Rod Discussion Community.........Hotrodders! We are glad to have you with us. :welcome:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts