Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,460 Posts
WELCOME! :welcome: we are very serious about not advertising here on Hotrodders so your link will likely be deleted by a mod. But just join in and discuss things when your work comes up we can talk about it.

Brian

·
16,460 Posts
I checked out your site, beautiful work. :thumbup:

Brian

·
16,460 Posts
I can recommend it Nick :mwink:
Idle Hands Woodwork - Home

Really guys, this is nice stuff! My only experience with a pistol grip shifter was a 69ish Cuda or Challenger or something I don't remember at my shop around 1985. I replaced the floors in it (or a big chunk of them, I forget) and the car was finished and out front for the owner to pickup. I remember a particular guy stopping by the car checking it out while it sat out in front of my shop. The next day I came in to see the door open! The whole shifter was gone! SOB :spank: The owner was understanding and took the car paying me the bill for the floor. It was him after all who told me to put it outside because he was coming to get it. I felt bad but those are the breaks.

Brian

Reactions: Pistol Grip Guy

·
Faith - Respect - Trust
3,528 Posts
Beautiful work Nick, are the shifter handles your main focus or do you do other automotive related wood items...for example, would you be able to do wood trim for a dash, or wood trim on door panels, armrests that type of thing?

Ray

·
Woodworker
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Ray.
The shifter handles are what started my business because of my familiarity with them (and several requests from other Mopar fans), but I welcome other work as well. Yes.....I can do other interior wood items as you described; as long as I have a template to work from.. Thanks for asking.

Nick

·
Faith - Respect - Trust
3,528 Posts
Thanks Ray.
The shifter handles are what started my business because of my familiarity with them (and several requests from other Mopar fans), but I welcome other work as well. Yes.....I can do other interior wood items as you described; as long as I have a template to work from.. Thanks for asking.

Nick
Thanks Nick, looking at your site gave me a multitude of Ideas for a build I'm on...it is a fairly extensive build and won't be needing finished trim for the interior for quite some time...but, looking at your site, what you can do with wood and color could very well be something that would set this interior apart from others.

I'll send you a PM with respect to what I'm interested in.

Best Regards

Ray

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.