Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day everyone, thanks for having me.

I grew up with a hotrodding brother who got me into this mess. But now I've exceeded his damage by having a variety of stuff. None of it what you'd probably consider mainstream.

My first hot rod was a 1982 Toyota 4WD truck with a carb'd turbo Buick V6. Then I had a couple of Grand Nationals (ultimately got my last one to 10.27 @ 131). Sold those and built my first car from scratch. A 1993 Geo Metro with a Buick V6 engine making around 900 - 1000hp. It's all tube chassis of course. (It's my baby). I also have an uncompleted pro-street 1962 Chrysler 300 (non-letter car) and have a 1942 Ford that I sold and will probably be getting back. My oldest boy has a Jr. Dragster.

We've also got a couple of kids dirt bikes and I have a YZ250F & a YZ426F (supermoto) bikes. The 426 also has nitrous on it.

I'm an engineer by trade and a strong Catholic Christian (so you probably won't be getting much profanity out of me ;) )

My next project will be some sort of older Volvo with probably and LSX engine in it with a stick. That ones probably out there a year or so though.

Glad to be aboard.

Roger

·
NEVER satisfied !
58 Posts
Tell the truth. Does Illinois ever really have a winter?

I live in northern Wisconsin where we expect -40 temperates a couple times a year at least. And lots of snow is normal.

This year we've had -20 temps about twice and everyone is selling their snowplow.

An engineer and gearhead, thats a good combination when you a" Hotrod Disease" !!

Can you show us some of your projects ?

Welcome, again !

454 Rattler

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's a video of my Geo slaying some Camaros at a Camaro track rental. This was it's first year before it got really "tuned" well. The video here say's it's being sprayed, it actually wasn't. It's only a 50 shot anyway.

Last year I fixed some real performance shortcomings by installing a Chance convertor and a much better intercooler. It's went 9.21 @ 155 last time out. It definetly has an 8 in it, I just need to get the convertor restalled a tad higher so I can come off the two step properly. Now, I need to add a chute and relicense for that time, only good for 9.0 right now.

BTW, it's about 10º out today, not WI weather, but still cool enough for me.

Geo racing clip

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.