Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me out? I have a JUKI 1541, I used 16, 18, 19 needles with v92 Poly from Sailrite. Whats going on is that when I fold vinyl, it sews perfect, when I sew a welt, it birdsnest... I call it a GREMLIN in my JUKI...

·
6,734 Posts
Are you using a 1/4" welt foot or a zipper foot?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Dan... Im using a 3/16" foot for a 5/32 foam welt. Funny thing is that last week it was working fine and today is different....

·
6,734 Posts
You need a 1/4" welt foot for 5/32" welt cord. The rule of thumb is to add 3/32" to the welt cord size to determine the welt foot size. That takes into account the thickness of the two layers of fabric surrounding the welt cord. 3/32" plus 5/32" equals 8/32" which is 1/4". A 3/16" welt foot isn't big enough. You would use that for 3/32" welt cord.

That second picture also looks like your bobbin thread is not seated under the flat tension spring on the bobbin case. Take the bobbin out and put it back in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dan, thanks for the help... I oiled the bobbin case, hook and replaced the welt foot to 1/4 and it worked out... Thanks again for your help...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts