Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty sure I grenaded the pressure plate on my 95 silverado. 2wd with an nv3500. It stood up to some pretty good abuse over the past two years, though.

With that being said, the 383 that is in it is a two piece rear main block from a 70's model chevy. I know the flywheel is different, but I can't recall if the clutch is different as well or if I can just get one for a 95 silverado? I remember going through this when I first built it, but for the life of me can't remember.

I appreciate any help!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Call Ky Clutch at 502 955 9173 and they will tell you exactly what you need and ship it to you cheaply. They have rebuilt and performance clutches, but I'd just get a rebuilt one. Good people and no I have no personal interest in them other than they have helped me lots of times.

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
HR Clutch in PA is the clutch rebuilder I use. They used to be the clutch for Hurst back in the golden years, and I THINK theyre the remains of Schieffer Clutch. Ive used them a lot and they even do Hudson clutches (wet clutch with cork linings) and modern DCT 'clutches'

·
Registered
153 Posts
I remember my dad grenading the clutch plate in our Suzuki sidekick it just suffered to much abuse in the sand dunes long story short, changed it out during a sand storm couple cups of sand in the tranny 2, 3, gear nonexistent and no fun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.